Avatar universal

Subject Medical induced seizures

I'm 26 year male who had absent seizures til I was 11 and found a brain lesion and had surgery few months later. Since then and now I have full seizures that occasionally happen during rem sleep either before or wake up in the morning, the medication work 80% of day activities but when stressed out physically and emotionally it definitely happens that night. My question is, is there a doctor or an institute that focuses on what or how to control my episodes and will work with me to keep a healthy life?  I'm pretty miserable and unhappy with how my life has turned since I was 13.
1 Responses
1780921 tn?1499301793
Do you have a neurologist that specializes in seizure disorders or do you see just a normal neurologist?                                                      
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Epilepsy Community

Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Avatar universal
Minneapolis, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease