Aa
A
A
A
Close
Epilepsy Community
1.81k Members

keppra in a 2 month old baby

Hi my 2 month old baby had a seizure in the right leg for about two minutes and the doctor started him in keppra and I am nervous about it. I been reading about it and I really don't know what to do.  If someone have ore had any experience please let me know.  GOD bless you all!!!! Thank you
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there,
Levetiracetam is quite effective and has been associated with a greater than 50% seizure reduction .It has very  few known serious adverse side effects, in contrast to other antiseizure medications, which may cause cardiopulmonary depression, arrhythmia, and coagulopathy. It is quite safe in treating neonatal seizures. For more queries and concerns contact his neurologist and clarify your doubts. Hope it helps.
Good luck and regards!
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Minneapolis, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease