Epilepsy Community

keppra in a 2 month old baby

Hi my 2 month old baby had a seizure in the right leg for about two minutes and the doctor started him in keppra and I am nervous about it. I been reading about it and I really don't know what to do.  If someone have ore had any experience please let me know.  GOD bless you all!!!! Thank you
Hi there,
Levetiracetam is quite effective and has been associated with a greater than 50% seizure reduction .It has very  few known serious adverse side effects, in contrast to other antiseizure medications, which may cause cardiopulmonary depression, arrhythmia, and coagulopathy. It is quite safe in treating neonatal seizures. For more queries and concerns contact his neurologist and clarify your doubts. Hope it helps.
Good luck and regards!