Epilepsy Community

reflex epilepsy

hello. I want to know if reflex epilepsies occur just during or a little after the stimulus or they can occur some hours later after receiving the stimulus. in general I want to know is it possible that a sensory stimulus make a seizure some hours after receiving the inputs or it occurs immediately?  

Reflex epilepsy is a condition in which seizures can be provoked habitually by an external stimulus or, less commonly, internal mental processes. In other reflex epilepsies, seizures may be provoked by auditory, olfactory, or vestibular stimuli. Reflex seizures also may occur in response to more elaborate stimuli or mental processes. This kind of epilepsy occurs immediately after exposure to the stimulus. There is a pathophysiologic model to explain the mechanism by which the triggers for reflex seizures interact with pools of susceptible neurons to generate epileptogenic brain activity. It would be best to have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper management. Take care and regards.