Epilepsy Community

seizure

I am a 23-year-old female. I think I may have experienced a seizure yesterday for the first time.
My symptoms were severe, but not painful, tingling in my arms, legs, and face; and near-inability to open my hands from a semi-clenched position. At one point, just after sitting up from a reclined position, my thighs also shook for a few seconds. While experiencing these symptoms, my emotions were severely heightened, as well--naturally, I was terrified, but I was also crying uncontrollably. My boyfriend was trying to distract me from my fear, and as I answered the simple questions he asked me (e.g., What are five items I own of sentimental value), I couldn't quit sobbing over my answers.
Unfortunately, I think there were quite a number of possible causes: number one, I was running on less than four hours of sleep at the time, so I was very tired. Number two, I hadn't eaten much all day, and I have suspected for awhile that I have low blood sugar--if I don't eat consistently throughout the day, I get very flaky and cranky and my problem-solving goes down the drain. Number three, it was a hot day, which goes along with number four--my boyfriend and I had been doing some heavy petting for awhile prior to when I first noticed that my arms were tingling and I couldn't open my hands. I didn't think much of it, so we continued with what we were doing, but, when we stopped, the tingling spread down to my legs, and within a few minutes I felt it in my face.
I laid down on the ground and we put an ice pack over my hands, and in about five minutes my symptoms had started to settle down. It took at least 20 minutes for them to go away completely.
Does this sound like a seizure of some kind?