Epilepsy Community

seizure?

My 24 yr old daughter recently had a baby. Since then she has had  these pretty violent "twitches". Once, she fell but got right up. She says she just slipped. Had an EEG which showed "epelitical activity" according to whoever read the EEG. Referred to a neurologist who order an MRI. Says no epliepsy. He felt it was possible stress. She continues to have these....sometimes many a day. Does not lose conciuosness and no lapse of memory.

Could stress cause this? By the way, my father, her grandfather, had Gande Mal epilepsy.
She recently went to see a nurse practioner for these episodes. She was having many that day in his presence. He was so alarmed, he wanted to hospitalize her.

any thoughts?

Research psychogenic or pseudo seizures. Stress sets them off, and they are true seizures (even Grande Mal).