Aa
A
A
A
Close
Epilepsy Community
1.82k Members

worried_for_my_husband

My husband diagnosed with having seizures today. First I thought he was having a heart attack, the second episode I thought he having stroke symptoms. Then he was told He was having acute anxiety stress disorder on the heart. Now today he was told to find a neurologist because he is having seizures. So I want to know what he is really going through, yes some of his symptoms seem like seizures but I still feel deep inside my gut he is having or has had a stroke somewhere around when all his health problems started. Can you help us.
1 Responses
Hello,
I am really sorry to hear what you and your husband have been dealing with.  If I were you, I'd see a neurologist, ask for an EEG (and possibly an MRI, if it is necessary).  In addition to describing symptoms (i.e. clinical visit) an EEG is the first step in determining if your husband may have epilepsy.  If the neurologist does not think he has epilepsy, at least it's something you've ruled out.  From personal experience, the EEG is really important, as well as getting a second opinion on the matter.  That helps a TON.  Anyway, you have nothing to lose.  

Good luck to you
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Minneapolis, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease