Epilepsy Community

worried_for_my_husband

My husband diagnosed with having seizures today. First I thought he was having a heart attack, the second episode I thought he having stroke symptoms. Then he was told He was having acute anxiety stress disorder on the heart. Now today he was told to find a neurologist because he is having seizures. So I want to know what he is really going through, yes some of his symptoms seem like seizures but I still feel deep inside my gut he is having or has had a stroke somewhere around when all his health problems started. Can you help us.
I am really sorry to hear what you and your husband have been dealing with.  If I were you, I'd see a neurologist, ask for an EEG (and possibly an MRI, if it is necessary).  In addition to describing symptoms (i.e. clinical visit) an EEG is the first step in determining if your husband may have epilepsy.  If the neurologist does not think he has epilepsy, at least it's something you've ruled out.  From personal experience, the EEG is really important, as well as getting a second opinion on the matter.  That helps a TON.  Anyway, you have nothing to lose.  

Good luck to you