Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community

EBV Specialist?

What type of doctor specializes in EBV and/or Chronic EBV?
Anyone know any great Doctors I should contact?
(I reside in IL, but if you know or have had a good experience from a doctor please let me know who they are)

I've had/tested for Active Epstein Barr Virus every month for over two years now; this is my 3rd time having EBV at the age of 22.

I'm desperate for help. I have Fibro&CFS as well. I'm in dire need of finding a Physcian who has experience treating someone with chronic EBV.

Please anyone with any advice, suggestions, comments, info...please take the time to share it with me. I'd very much appreciate any help I can get.
Thank you ahead of time to those who take the time to read my post and reach out to me!
Doctors who specialize in diseases related to Microorganisms like Bacteria, Virus (Epstein Barr Virus or EBV) and others are Internal Medicine Specialists  and also Lemologists (Infectious Disease Specialists).

Most of the Doctors study about infections but when it is related to Chronic EBV infections, the case will be redirected to Internal Medicine depending upon symptoms that are present/progressing/subsiding at that particular period of examination.

Since a Chronic EBV infection has involvement/affects almost every system in the body,where symptoms or presenting condition either through physical examination or Laboratory Investigation are as follows-

Fever
Hepatitis
Pancytopenia
Splenomegaly
Hypersensitivity to mosquito bites

Complications include:

Interstitial pneumonia
Lymphoma, including B-cell, T-cell and NK-cell lymphomas
Haemophagocytic syndrome
Coronary artery aneurysms
Liver failure
CNS
Intestinal perforation
Myocarditis
Peripheral neuropathy

As you state that you have Fibro and CFS (Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome if I related it correct),which may have multiple causes with underlying etiologies,you will be redirected to an Internal Medicine Specialist , a Neurologist, an Orthopedician (vice versa) who, in association, work with an Oncologist helps you find out the origin of Chronic infection.Post Viral Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which is a complication of EBV must also be considered.

Considering you situation now,I would suggest you visit a Orthopedician or a Neurologist first and let him redirect to concerned department while treating symptoms of Fibro and CFS.

I am not from the US or IL, so I would go to Mayo Clinic who works in collaboration with CDC (every hospital works with Mayo and CDC since they are research institutes).

Please keep us updated on your condition. God Bless!