Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community

EPV, PULSATILE TINNITUS, HEARING LOSS

I started having pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear back in the summer with hearing loss. My ENT ran a battery of test and I've had MRI' s and CT scans ran to rule out accoustic neuroma. My question is she ran several blood test that came back quite high and somehow I believe they are related to my problem.
EBV PANEL

EBV VCA IgG   >8.0
EBV NA IgG     >8.0
EBV EA IgG     >8.0

HSV I&II IgG     33.1
HSV IgM I&II     .99

V ZOSTER IGG   1.73

I have a lump on the left side of my neck that causes the tinnitus to flare up when I feel of it and also if I bend over the tinnitus gets alot louder. We are still trying to figure this out and I was wondering if you thought the EBV could be to blame?  Thanks for your help.
Hello Missouri,

I have had high EBV levels for the last 1.5 years. I have been to tons of doctors and accumulated a ton of medical bills. I too have pulsatile tinnitus in one ear and ringing in the other. I was told that all of this could be caused by Epstein Barr. I have not been able to find any real answers, but please believe that you are not alone. I have a ton of neurological symptoms. I have taken my health in my own hands by eating better and exercising more. So far, losing 21 lbs has also helped.

Take care,

Ginak
Hello Ginak,
I have pulsatile tinnitus and wondering if I have EBV. I think I may have Lyme but it's interesting that you have pulsatile tinnitus with your EBV. I was wondering if this could cause this.