A
A
A
Close
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
1.11k Members
744962 tn?1270942038

Epstein Barr, Thyroid and lump on Neck

I was diagnosed with Eprstien Barr in the early 90's later told it is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Have Hypothyroid and feel awful at the moment.  Was told my T3 is low at 1.3 and T4 at 10.7 am 5'2" tall and weigh 97 lbs.  Was put onto Armour 125mg per day and 0.5 mg of Thyroxin per day.  I feel worse, weight loss and now have developed a lump at the top of my spine and neck, also on my jaw just in front of my ear on the right.  The areas feel hot when touched but yet my temperature is normal when taken.  Tingling feeling on my thyroid, dizzy spells and often feel cold and chilly.  Full Blood count was done - shoed normal.  I am awating the outcome of tests done for Multiple Myeloma.  Not sure is this the Epstein Barr again, thyroid or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  I am a South African Living in Hong Kong - was recently exposed to a virus at the school where I teach with several children in the school being ill.  Fever and lots of vomiting.

Thanks for any advice or help
1 Responses
Hi ! I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.  I'm not sure if I can give you much advice, but I hope that you will consider posting on MedHelp's undiagnosed symptoms board. Here's a link:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/95

Please keep us posted if you can. You are in my thoughts n' prayers.
Have an Answer?
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453243103
CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods