Aa
A
A
A
Close
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
1.07k Members

Inflamed Liver

My 19yr old daughter was diagnosed may 2008 with Mono. She has chronic pain and fatigue. Her recent blood test shows inflammation in her liver and an elevated sed rate. The Rhuemotologist could not find any obvious auto immune diseases so she has refered us to a Infectious disease doctor. Is there any good websites that can help us?  
1 Responses

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's symptoms. I don't know if I can be much help, but I've heard that mono can affect the liver (hepatitis) and I know that physicians should run a chem panel (includes liver enzymes) when a patient has mono.

The infectious disease physician will probably order a hepatitis panel.

http://www.medicinenet.com/infectious_mononucleosis/page5.htm

Have an Answer?
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453246703
CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods