Mono, flu?

Yesterday I woke up with very sore
Left tonsil and ear. Hurt to swallow and tonsil very red. A few hours later I started to get a fever which quickly raised to 101.8. All day the fever stayed between 101.5 and 102. Then both tonsils and ears started to hurt and I got body aches all over. Mostly the legs and back. My hands were tingling off and on. Had no appetite until 10 pm when the fever went down. My tonsils also temporarily stopped hurting. I fell asleep and woke back up at 2 am with a 100.8 fever, headache and bad body aches again. So uncomfortable I'm tossing back and forth and moaning. Flu or mono?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Also,I am 27.
The fever didn't go away with ibuprofen.  My lymph nodes in.my necklace sore. Not noticeably too big. And I have hot and cold flashes with the fever. When I'm cold the body pains are much worse and I.cannot sleep. I can only sleep when the fever is down or I'm feeling hot because then the pain isn't as bad.
Helpful - 0
"Lymph nodes in my neck are sore"
Helpful - 0
A mono diagnosis isnt made on a forum on the internet, its made by a doctor in a clinic after blood tests.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community