Please take a look at my link and see what I am going through, since I am testing negative for mono, but have high titres along with bunch of other nice stuff.
That's really strange for the EBV test to be negative that soon after the positive, especially if you're still having symptoms. Do you have a repeat test scheduled for a future time? I just wonder if you got a false negative on the EBV... and you're positive it's the EBV titers test? I'm just trying to make sure because false negatives on the monospot test are a lot more common (I think) than on the EBV titers.
the ebv test i took june 1st was positive but the most recent one was negative
the real test is EBV titer the monospot has many false negative. if you had positive EBV titers you have EBV. and most of your symptoms are quite common in EBV. Be patient and try to eat well and avoid stress. i hope you will feel better soon. you will be ok. today probably is horrible but trust me soon will be ok.
Your EBV test was negative? I thought you had said the Monospot was negative but the EBV was positive...? Or did it change?
I really think im losing my mind because the most recent ebv test was negative but my symptoms seem to be getting worst. this is affecting me drastically and it worries me.
Actually, I had the monospot test 3 different times, and it came back negative every time!!! I did some research on it then, and I found that about 10% of infected people never test positive. So, maybe we are both in that 10%!! But like your doctor said, high EBV titers is usually enough to diagnose a case of mono, even if the monospot test is negative. I know it's a little confusing, but I guess that's just how things work!
Did you have a false negative mono test? or did yours come back positive?
i also had a CT scan of my sinuses in the emegency room last night and they cant find any sinus infection
Hi thanks for responding. I jus got my results back and the mono test was negative. i thought i had mono because my doctor said my ebv levels were a bit high. I am so miserable, ill and upset. I am tired of seeing doctors and running tests. I jus want to know what is affecting my body and why.
Hi! It sounds like you're really struggling, which I know is not fun! I'll try to help as much as I can, but please keep in mind I'm not a doctor:
1. I didn't have coughing, and I don't recall hearing stories of anyone that did. That's not to say it isn't related to EBV, but with some of the other symptoms you have (#2 & 3), I wonder if maybe something else is going on as well.
2. I know the feeling, but it's due to allergies, not EBV (for me, at least). Did your doctor say anything about sinus infection and/or allergies?
3. This does NOT sound like a normal symptom of mono/EBV, and it is the main reason I would suspect you have something in addition to EBV.
4. As you said, it is probably lymph nodes swelling. This is a very common symptom of EBV, and it basically shows that your body is fighting the virus.
5. Personally, I lost about 20 lbs over a few months (I'm a 25 year-old male) during my bout with mono/EBV. There was quite a while where I had pretty much no appetite.
6. I have gotten over my EBV symptoms; however, it did take around a year for that to happen. I'm not trying to scare you, but I just want to be honest. Hopefully it won't take that long for you. I would say if things don't improve soon, maybe you should see an Infectious Disease Specialist, as they have specific knowledge in this area. Also, if your throat is bothering you, you want to check with your doctor about medicine for that. Hopefully this has helped you out, but please don't hesitate to ask more questions or let us know how things are going!