Aa
A
A
A
Close
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
1.12k Members

advice for a EBV newbie??

I had mono 5 years ago. At the time I only had fatigue...no other symptoms, and didn't get my labs/records from that doctor. (Dumb.) It went away fairly quickly and I resumed life as usual. A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with mono again. My EBV levels seem incredibly high, but my primary doctor seems unconcerned. I have 4 little kids (5, 3, 1, 1) and no one understands what this feels like, or what a horrible mom I feel like I have become. I have zero energy to do anything. but. sit.

I was diagnosed after an abdominal ultrasound showed an enlarged spleen, (I have pain from this) and then my EBV labs came back. I am used to being active and working out and now can barely function on 9+ hours of sleep and zero exercise. I also have a horrible immune system. For the last year I have caught everything my kids have brought home - and then some. I had H. Pylori in October, multiple sinus infections, sore throats, influenza bouts, etc. I've had random enlarged lymph nodes (mostly in groin) and I tend to have chronic bacterial vaginosis. I am becoming distraught and depressed. I have prided myself on being "healthy" and now I feel anything but. I don't smoke (never have), I rarely ever drink, I eat organic (and have for a long time), I don't eat gluten or pork, and I exercise regularly (or used to.)

I am sharing my EBV lab numbers in hopes someone can help explain what this means. They seem sky high to me, but the nurse told me if I want a further explanation on numbers I need to make another appointment, and my doctor is booked out for a month.  I have called three infectious disease doctors in my area only to be bluntly told they are not taking new patients - no referrals, no waiting lists, etc. Can anyone help? I'm at a loss. :( Anything would be appreciated. Thank you!

EBV Ab VCA, IgG = 335.0 (0-17.9 normal range)
EBV Ab VCA, IgM = 65.7 (0-35.9 normal)
EBV Early Antigen Ab, IgG = 34.2 (0-8.9 normal)
EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab, IgG = >600.0 (0-17.9 normal)
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453243103
CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods