Erectile Dysfunction Community

Cialis safe?

I have some erectile dysfunction due to having to be on beta blockers. I've been prescribed Cialis 5mg once a day, but haven't gotten up the courage to take one yet. Kind of afraid to be honest. I know many many take it with no problem, but I have a tendancy to feel my heart race more than usual during sex and at random times, which is why I take the beta blockers, but I'm not having a normal sex life. I know my doctor knows what's best. He even shared with me that he took Cialis and it helped him a lot. SHould I just try one? I thought about cutting a 5mg pill in half but it says on the bottle do not do that. I really want to have sex again. Will the cialis make the heart race? I don't take nitrates or anything, just Metoprolol to keep my pulse under control day to day. I',m slim and not overweight.

Can anyone ease my mind and help me get up the courage to take one? I came close to taking one today but chickened out.
Cialis 5 mg is the minimal dose. It is absolutely safe to take with beta blocker. My only concern would be that 5 mg is insufficient to give you a good erection but the only way to fine out is to try it.
Minimal is 2.5 mg