ED from DEPO shots years ago.

Help please.  The issue is my libido is almost non-existent, and if you know what  MPA is, my  libido was NEVER too low!!    I am a 46 year old male and had been on a regimen of taking depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) starting from  2002 until I quit @ 2009.  I got married and found the woman of my dreams. I also am taking a medicinal pill cocktail of Atenolol, Norvasc, Wellbutrin, Topamax, Lamotragin, Abilify, and Cymbalta. I also suffer from Bi-polar and have been on some od these meds and others for @ 15 years.  I do know that I have to take most/some of these and that the SSRI's do/can cause ED.  

My ultimate concern is that my libido may have permanently be altered to a lower level and that it might not be able to be raised.  My marriage and my wife really are deserving of that.     I'm thinking of consulting with my Urologist and Psychiatrist.  

I have researched Progesterone cream may have some good results.  

Any info or advice would be of great appreciation.  

Thanks in kind.
You are going to have to wean yourself off of most of those neuroleptics  or you will never come right. Then, but only then, you might consider Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Your idea of Psychotherapy in an excellent one.
Weaning away from the drugs is a good suggestion. you may add few exercises as an adjunct therapy. Abdominal breathing for 10 minutes twice a day. and anal peripheral prostate massage. You may also do abdominal prostate massage. Google these phrases to get details and practice exercises regularly.  Abdominal breathing will help you to wean away from the meds you are taking.
Thanks for the advice gentlemen.

You are reading content posted in the Erectile Dysfunction Community