Erectile Dysfunction and Weak Ejaculation Post-Inguinal Hernia Repair?

After an inguinal hernia repair ~1 year ago, I am still experiencing erectile dysfunction and weak ejaculation. No issues whatsoever prior to surgery but issues immediately after. In the surgery report it said they had to sacrifice the genitofemoral and ilioinguinal nerve branches due to severe adhesion to the hernia.

Post-operation I have not since had "morning wood" and have experienced somewhat of a decrease in size (both flaccid and erect).

After consultation with 3 different doctors (family doctor, surgeon, and urologist) they all say it is not possible for these issues to be related to the hernia repair as erectile and ejaculation function involve different nerves. However I have done some research and there are articles out there stating that (sympathetic) erection and ejaculation do in fact involve the L1-L2 nerve branches.

So my question is - is this in fact why I have been experiencing these issues??? Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue?
L1 and L2 are nerve trunks (not branches).  These trunks have many branches and some are sympathetic. What your doctors have said is that the branches involved are not related to one's ability to get an erection or ejaculate.  You have to take that as anatomic fact and go on from there.  Sometimes, post inguinal hernia repair there are new sensations (such as a tight feeling upon ejaculation) probably a result of scar tissue in the inguinal canal.  But most men eventually lose those sensations and in some cases it is several years before that happens. I'd give it some more time. You probably had a more invasive than usual repair and more scar tissue than usual, but I can't say.  The impotence thing is unlikely related in any way to the surgery.

You are reading content posted in the Erectile Dysfunction Community