Erectile Dysfunction Community

Hard, smooth lump on my Bulbospongiosus muscle

I've been feeling a hard lump underneath the very base my penis, with research I think its located in my Bulbospongiosus muscle) and I'm getting very worried. Is this something serious? Do I need to have it checked by a professional?
Penis lumps always freak people out.  I think if you are worried, yes.  Get it checked by your doctor.  It is most likely nothing though.  Have you had any recent sexual encounters in which an std check would be wise?  Here's some information on basic penis things that happen. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/mens-health/in-depth/penis-health/art-20046175

When in doubt, get checked out.
Thank you for your response. Its not a small lump when I try to feel it. Its like the size of my thumb. My girlfriend, a nurse, told me it's a vein I'm worried about. Is that possible?