Erectile Dysfunction Community
3.04k Members
Avatar universal

Hard, smooth lump on my Bulbospongiosus muscle

I've been feeling a hard lump underneath the very base my penis, with research I think its located in my Bulbospongiosus muscle) and I'm getting very worried. Is this something serious? Do I need to have it checked by a professional?
1 Responses
20620809 tn?1504366569
Penis lumps always freak people out.  I think if you are worried, yes.  Get it checked by your doctor.  It is most likely nothing though.  Have you had any recent sexual encounters in which an std check would be wise?  Here's some information on basic penis things that happen. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/mens-health/in-depth/penis-health/art-20046175

When in doubt, get checked out.
Thank you for your response. Its not a small lump when I try to feel it. Its like the size of my thumb. My girlfriend, a nurse, told me it's a vein I'm worried about. Is that possible?
Have an Answer?
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.