Erectile Dysfunction Community

Help after priapism

My husband had an al ghorab shunt performed after a priapism of 50+ hours in November 2010. Are there any options in getting him to achieve erection other than prostetic surgery? It has affected every area of our lives. He did not use any type of drug that may have caused the priapism and to date they still do not jnow why it occured. Any help is so greatly appreciated.
I am after distal shunt (Winter method) used to restore the blood flow after about 16 hours priapism episode. I get something like 40% erection after 20 days of the last surgery. How long can it take to restore the normal erectile function? I realize that it can take forever or never. 50 hours sounds a lot. From what I've heard/read a lot of men are satisfied with their sexual life with the prosthesis. ********gmail.com
Just read about your husbands problems, just how much have you Googled about his shunt and was there any follow up at the hospital he had it at, I just wonder if its psychog'ical after what has happened, I think I would be a bit afriad of getting an erection again, a 50+ hour erection I would think is no fun and would leave a scar in his brain.
Has he not tried any drugs to help get an erection?
Good Luck