Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

testosterone/ ED

I am a 29 year old male. 2 years ago (27yrs old) i got blood work done and my testosterone level was 330. I knew it was low because of erectile dysfunction and at the same time frame i was in powerlifting and took high calorie meals  prohormones. Prohormones lowered my testosterone levels and shoot my cholesterol level to 225. Erection quality has been poor.

Since may of 2009 i never touched anything as far as prohormones (never do it again) Since then  I've been taking a multivitamin/B complex/vitamin c and l arginine. Working out in gym 3 times a week with cardio on weekends. My question is at my age can get my testosterone levels back again at a normal level 600 or 700. I know the only way to find out is with a blood test. Just want to know is it the end of the road for me?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1669548 tn?1318788734
If you're not overdoing things in your workout, and you've got a balanced diet, you're on a good path- get your testosterone levels checked, and track the changes over time- hopefully you see a steady trend of increasing numbers- if you need to take a testosterone supplement, it's no big deal, and it shouldn't have to be forever. Regardless, get it checked and treated ASAP! You want good testosterone levels, especially if you're powerlifting- hormones usually do more than one job in the body, and you're putting some strain on yours.

Go to the doc ASAP.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for response benthic_man. Question for you. I have abstained for three and half weeks and taking my vit/B Complex/ just currently bought zinc. I have noticed that my scrotum is some what fuller and hangs low/ Lower than before. Is this a good sign that my testosterone levels are trying to get better?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Erectile Dysfunction Community

Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.