Esophageal Cancer Community
77 Members

Would a Chest X-Ray show possible Esophageal Cancer?

I'm a young adult male (24) with some symptoms that have been bothering me. I had a chest x-ray done, and was diagnosed with bronchitis. I was wondering would a chest x-ray possibly show (not be used to diagnose but show) a cancer of the esophagus? Thanks.
A chest radiograph would not show esophageal cancer. Upper endoscopy and/or fluoroscopic esophagram (sort of like an X-ray movie while drinking barium) are usually used for detection, while CT and/or PET/CT are usually used for staging.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize