Exercise & Fitness Community

Amount of exercise

I weigh 320 pounds. I already lost 50. But my main question is what is the proper amount of daily exercise to consistently loose weight
http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Calories-burned-in-30-minutes-of-leisure-and-routine-activities.htm

You need to burn more calories with physical activity than you take in by eating and drinking. The total number of calories you consume minus the total number of calories burned is your net calories. The lower your net calories are every day, the more weight you will lose.

Keep track of the calories you consume by using an online calculator or a food diary. You must know what foods and beverages you eat or drink and the amounts you consume to get an accurate calorie count. Your calories burned is equal to your basal metabolic rate, or BMR, and your activity level. You can use an online calculator to determine how many calories you burn each day. Subtract the amount of calories you burn from the calories you consume to determine your net calories.

If your daily net calories equal zero, you are burning the same number of calories you are taking in, so you maintain your current weight as long as you continue at this rate every day. If your net calories is more that zero, you will gain weight over time, and if your net calories is consistently a negative number, you will lose weight.

One pound of fat is equal to 3,500 calories, so you'll need to reduce your calories by 500 each day to lose one pound per week. You can eat less food or choose foods that are lower in calories. You can also increase your physical activity, or do a combination of reducing your caloric intake and increasing your burn. The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney diseases says you should avoid fad diets, which promise fast and unrealistic weight loss.

Cardiovascular exercise up to five days weekly for between 30 and 60 minutes as an ideal regimen to lose weight. While exercising for the minimum of 30 minutes will produce some level of weight loss, your body benefits should increase with workouts of 40 minutes or longer, especially if you maintain a nutritious diet. Dividing your workouts into smaller segment is also effective. People who wish to exercise for 40 minutes daily but don’t have time for a continuous workout can achieve the same benefits through a 20-minute bike ride in the morning and a 20-minute ride in the evening.

The Peak 8 routine it will quickly raise your heart rate 8 times for very short bursts, with a cooling down period in
between. Ideally you’ll be sprinting or cycling full throttle for 30 seconds with a 90 second cool down in between
each outburst.
This is the fastest way to lose fat and build muscle in the body. Peak 8 actually stimulates the growth hormone in
the body. I encourage you to visit Dr Mercola’s site to learn more about Peak 8 fitness because I personally feel that
it is one of the best ways to exercise, especially considering the speed at which you can lose fat and build muscle.
I highly recommend you read this article and watch the videos on the page. It will give you all the information you
need to know about Peak 8 – Flood Your Body With This “Youth Hormone” In Just 20 Minutes
What you eat after Peak 8 training does matter
It’s recommended that you do not eat sugar or carbohydrate for 2 hours after the Peak 8 exercise because these
foods can impact the release of the growth hormone in the body. The links are http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=zy7j9FRiJpg&list=PL9FxWnfq1Oyo9pHHUPHeQne4iqoZ4zTN _
https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=BT5hRYXmxSE&list=PL9FxWnfq1Oyo9pHHUPHeQne4iqoZ4zTN_
https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=XLKML9EL4As&list=PL9FxWnfq1Oyo9pHHUPHeQne4iqoZ4zTN_

Figure your heart rate by this formula
The Karvonen Formula is a mathematical formula that helps you determine your target heart rate zone. The formula
involves using your maximum heart rate (MHR) minus your age to come up with a target heart rate range (which is
a percentage of your MHR). Staying within this range will help you work most effectively during your cardio
workouts.
an example of the Karvonen formula for a 23 year old person with a resting heart rate of 65 beats per minute (*to
get your resting heart rate, take your pulse for one full minute when you first wake up in the morning or after you've
resting for a while). This formula also includes an updated calculation of maximum heart rate (the previous formula
was 220 - age, which has now been shown to be inaccurate):
206.9 - (0.67 x 23 (age)) = 191
191 - 65 (resting heart rate) = 126
126 * 65% (low end of heart rate zone) OR 85% (high end) = 82 OR 107
82 + 65 (resting heart rate) = 147
107 + 65 (rhr) = 172
The target heart rate zone for this person would be 147 to 172
First thing in the morning before you get out of bed have a clock with a second hand and check your resting heart
rate then figure your rate by the
Karvonen Formula above.
You burn 30 percent more fat from doing cardio after a weights session as opposed to cardio on its own
Keep up the good work!!