Exercise & Fitness Community

Can't lose more weight...

I have lost approx 50lbs in the last year  working on diet, exercise etc. and tracking what I eat etc.  I seem to be at a holding pattern now at 193lbs.  While I have made a significant improvement in my overall health and appearance--I still need to drop at least 30 additional pounds.   I take a pilates reformer class on Tues and Thurs with a trainer, Spin Class on Mon and  Wed and I walk/ run on other days.   What could be the problem??  It is really bugging me.

princess346
Hello!

Calculate your BMI and try to achieve 25 initially. The best thing to continue losing your weight is cardio for 1 hr continuously regularly at least 6 times a week and along with that continuing pilates and having proper balanced diet will help you to lose further.

You need to discuss with a dietician your diet chart completely and you need to squeeze out completely fried food, junk food, fast food, fatty food, red meats, eggs, desserts, chocolates, ice creams, sweets etc. Cardio can be aerobics, running, skipping, jogging, swimming, skiing, sports or anything which has complete physical workout.

Take care!