Exercise & Fitness Community

Chest Pain After Exercise

I recently started going to the gym. I am over weight and have decided that I want to make a change for the better and get healthy. I am currently doing cardio when I workout, usually just fast paced walking on the treadmill for 1 hour. I have done this about 5 days so far, but today after my workout I had a bad pain on the left side of my chest. It seemed to be right under my left breast, near where my heart is. Is this something that is normal, considering I have led the last few years of my life being fairly unactive?? Should I be concerned about this??
Hi Bunnie,
It's a nice way to start a new year with resolution to make change to live better and healthy.
I think it would be a muscle pull which would have caused some pain.
It is common to have pain in muscle after a period of inactiveness.
Alternatively, I think you should get a treadmill test with ECG done to rule out any base line cardiac cause for pain.
What is your lipid status? How old are you? When was the last time you got investigation done?
I think initially you can get ECG done in ER and fix up an appointment for treadmill testing or stress test.
Keep me informed.
Bye.