Headaches when working out. What could be wrong

Whenever im pushing myself during working out, whether its a set of push ups or lifting weights at the end of the set when im really pushing like when my face will get red, i will get a pretty bad headache pretty much forcing me to discontinue the workout.  Just has started happening the last week, but it always seems to happen. Do I have a brain tumor or something, whats wrong? =(  

Zach
I have had the exact same problem.  This is second day with it.  It occured yesterday when I was doing bench presses.  On my last set I guess my for was not the best that or I was not breathing properly when all of sudden I felt a strong pinched sensation in the back of my neck/lower head.  The pain causes a headache but what is odd is that it stays only on the one side of my brain (the left).  The headache stayed for the rest of the night and I was fine in the morning.  I went back to the gym in the afternoon and decided to do some simple exercises pullups pushups and dips.  But it wasn't until I did again my last set of my last exercise of dips that the headache came back..again I decided to push and do about 30 dips.  I found myself clasping my head in my hands as the pain was impossible to work through.
hey, my is kevin, and im 15 years old, i think i have the same problem u've been talking about, two weeks ago i was working out and i got such a bad headache that i fell off my machine and was on the floor for five minutes before i could see. It was the first time it happened and i wasnt even trying to do more weight than usual. It's been getting worse and now if i even lift a heavy bag of trash my head throbs and no pain relivers work. My vision goes bad and i lose my balance. It's only getting worse. Do i need to see a doctor?
last Wednesday I was doing squats when a pain shot through the left side of my head.  There was an article posted in our local paper about brain hemmoraging and almost all your symptoms were listed.... I am going to the Doctor tomorrow to find out what exactly happened to me.  Hoping it is just a pinched nerve that will heal on it's own.  You should definitely go see a Dr as soon as possible.  When it comes to certain areas of our body, one can never be too careful
Hi Kevin,  I think you definitely need to ask your parents to take you to a doctor.
I agree w/ Paul764, almost all of the cases above sound like Exortional headaches which is mainly caused by poor breathing techniques (mainly holding your breath while straining to get that final rep or two) while exerting a lot of stress during.  The most common exercises to cause these are squats and leg extensions.  If you get this the best advice to to take at least 2-3 weeks off of strength training.  IF you don't take time off the condition can be chronic.  When you go back to strength training really focus on taking short quick but easy (dont force out air real hard) breaths.  This will take some time to get used to.  Good luck and stay healthy.

How are you?
Some people get headaches during exercise. These headaches are completely physiological. Please remember to do warm up exercises. Also maintain your fluid intake throughout the work out.
A mild OC pain killer before exercise will also help. Take care!

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community