Exercise & Fitness Community

Help! How do I ridden fat from calves without making them bigger?

I'm a seventeen-year-old girl and weigh approximately 126 lbs, but I'm kind of chubby. I'm wanting to exercise understanding you can't spot reduce fat, it has to happen all together. What exercises can I do that won't bulk-up my calves even more? I hate my calves, I wish I could wear skirts and dresses like all the,other girls, but my calves are big and... I really would like them to be at least an inch slimmer. When I flex, the muscle protrudes, but the rest is squishy and I don't know if it's tissue or fat. But it's very soft and very pinchable, if that makes sense.
Hello there,

One of the best ways to reduce the size of your calves is to walk.
Let's say talking a 20 - 30 minute walk around your neighborhood.
Perhaps some friends of yours could walk with you. You could form
a walking club , of sorts. Hope this helps. Eve
I know from personal experience as someone who has tried everything to put weight on my calves that jump rope shreds your lower legs extremely fast. After 2 months of skipping once every second day 10-15 minutes a day I lost all the mass on my calves that took me 6 months of calve raises to get haha oh well
A beginner level exercise, the wall press requires no additional equipment. Simply stand with your legs hip-width apart and your palms flat on the wall in front of you, at shoulder level. Keeping your right leg straight, slowly lift your heel off the floor behind you as you exhale. Hold for a count of five, then inhale as you slowly lower your heel back to the floor. Alternate between both legs, doing up to 10 repetitions per leg, gradually increasing the number of repetitions with each workout.

Squats to thin your calf muscles squatting is ideal for your calves because it targets the muscles that help you retain your balance. Weight can be added to your shoulders to work the deeper muscles, or you can add a slight jump when you come up from a deep squat.