Aa
A
A
A
Close
Exercise & Fitness Community
5.63k Members
1216231 tn?1272479304

How many times per week should you exercise?

I was physically active in high school, and my first two years of college, I spent two hours at the gym, six days per week.

I'm in my fifth year of college, and I'm trying to get back into a routine.  I feel too sore to move the day after my workouts (taking aerobic classes), so I've only been going twice per week.  Is this enough for now, or should I go more often, lest I get stuck in a perpetually sore rut?

Thanks all!
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello!

Whenever you start exercising and fighting to come into shape then it is good to start with mild exercises regularly.

The physical exercises should become part of your routine so that your pain and tiredness will slowly go away and you can control your workouts.

I would suggest 30 minutes of cardio regularly like jogging, running, walking etc.

Take care!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.