Aa
A
A
A
Close
Exercise & Fitness Community
6.07k Members

Is it possible to target weight gain?

I have contracted a GI parasite and lost weight quickly. This is the second time I've been through this. The last time when I regained the weight it filled out in my face, breasts and stomach once again. Is it likely that it will once again distribute that way and is it possible to try and target weight gain to particular areas (chest, hips)?
1 Responses
The breasts are actually nothing more than fatty tissue. When you are trying to make them bigger, you should follow a few steps that involve calorie  adjustments and some weight training. The exercises cannot actually make the breasts grow, they can help build muscle underneath and above them, which can lead to weight gain.
If you want to gain weight, you need to increase your calories. Add 250 calories a day to your normal intake and split it among six meals. For example, if you normally consume 1,800 calories, increase it to 2050 and then eat six meals of about 340 calories each.
Do some incline chest presses. google that and you should see how it's done. Do push ups.
You could also try some herbal supplements like damiana, wild yam, dong quai, and red raspberry.
Eat nutrient-dense foods like lean meats, low-fat dairy, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts and legumes. Avoid foods that are high in saturated fats and are processed.
As for the hips, certain types of resistance exercises can be a way to increase muscle mass in your hips and can lead to the appearance of weight gain. If you eat more calories than your body needs to function, you may also notice increases in fat deposits in your hips -- though weight gain across your entire body may also happen.
Body weight squats are a beginner level resistance training exercise that targets muscles in the hips. Google this to see how it's done.
forward lunges promote gains in muscle mass in the hips and can lead to the appearance of weight gain. Also do hip abduction exercise. Like with the chest, increasing calories could also add weight in other parts of the body. Get the OK from your doctor first!!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.