Exercise & Fitness Community

Knee Disability

Does anyone know of low impact exercises I can do that won't further cause my left knee pain. I am disabled because of osteoarthritis in my knees and spine.
Thanks!
Do you have access to a gym? Or is this for at home exercises without any equipment?
I'm kinda out in the boonies, no town large enough nearby to support having a gym. What I would love are some exercises to do at home....I don't really have equipment.
Swimming/Water Aerobics, stationary bike, walking, Core strengthening exercises will not only tone up your stomach muscles but can also help to relieve back pain. Strong abs help support the back during any lifting or bending activities as well as walking. The plank exercise will strengthen the abs as well as your shoulders, chest and even make you sweat if you hold it long enough or add some lifting arm movements.
Have you considered taking a Yoga class?
Exercises for the front of your legs like wall squats, you stand with your back against the wall, then bend your knees to lower your hips until your thighs are near parallel with the floor. Maintain your wall squat for five to 10 seconds and then release. Include exercises for the back of your legs such as a leg curl. Stand facing a chair and then bend your knee to lift your foot behind your body and hold it still for three to five seconds. Lift and lower each foot eight to 10 times. Perform strength training every other day.
Stretching the front and back or your leg to increase the flexibility in your knee. Perform stretching exercises at the end of your workout when your muscles are warm. Stretch the front of your leg in a standing position by bending your knee and raising your foot up toward your backside. Grasp the ankle with your hand to enhance the stretch. Stretch the back of your legs in a seated position with your legs extended on the floor. Fold forward over your straight legs to stretch your hamstrings. Maintain each stretch for 20 to 30 seconds. Perform your flexibility exercises every day.

Thank you! I'll try some of these!

Check this site, it might help.
http://www.drgourmet.com/exercise/disabled.shtml
Thank you!