Exercise & Fitness Community

Large lump after falling in bath

2-1/2 weeks ago I slipped in the tub while getting out (I'd used a lot of bath oil, etc).  Landed on my right side: elbow & side of upper leg/hip. My R arm is healing well, and  the severe bruisie on my R hip area is going away. However there is a hard raised baseball sized lump above the bruise on my hip! No pain & until I checked a mirror & saw this lump, I wasn''t concerned,. What is it? Will it go  away? It looks like a deformity on the side of my my upper R thigh.
Please advise
Hi there!

This could be a haematoma or subcutaneous blood collection or any other mass from the underlying bone or surrounding connective tissue. I would suggest getting this examined by a primary care physician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try taking some vitamin tablets to help with the healing process.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!