Exercise & Fitness Community

New to dieting and exercise what can I do to achieve my goals?

Hey I'm a 24 year old male, 5'8, 62kg looking for advice. Fitness and dieting is a whole new world to me and after looking at lots of information I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

I used to have quite a toned body but after years of drinking and poor eating habits (hello student life) I've developed a little bit of a gut which I'm looking to get rid of, as well as this I want to work on my upper body as I'm pretty scrawny. I'm not looking to become huge or anything I just want to get in better shape.

I have recently joined a gym however I do not have any equipment at home. What exercises can I do to achieve the goal I want? Also what foods should I be incorporating into my diet and what ones should I just avoid completely?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
You should eat varieties of food to get essential nutrients from your food and eat balanced diet and exercise everyday.
Your diet should include healthy fats and proteins like fish, Eggs, Avocado, Olive Oil and green leafy vegetables and fruits.
The exercise like running, cycling, swimming, some weight lifting, cardio exercise will help you to reduce weight.