Numbness in ball of foot while running

Sometimes when I am running the ball of my foot becomes numb and I am not sure if I should keep running.  I usually start walking for a while.  I have noticed it seems to be when I am wearing long sleeves.  Can it be that I am overheated?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
     How are you? It is difficult to say without physical examination what it could be that is causing numbness in your foot. Numbness of the foot generally is a result of conditions that affect the nerves and/or blood vessels that supply the foot. Numbness of the foot is often associated with tingling. This is referred to as paresthesia of the toes.

Common causes could be denerative disease of the spine, sciatica, frost bite, peripheral vascular disease, peripheral neuropathy, multiple sclerosis, raynaud’s phenomenon.
It is not related to heat, must be just a coincidence.
I would suggest that you visit a physician and discuss the above mentioned possibilities.
Best.