Exercise & Fitness Community

Pain in the back of my knee after exercise

Recently, I have been trying to transition from a sedentary lifestyle and create some healthy habits. I have been running for a mile or two every couple days. For the past few weeks I have been having pains in the back of my knee, where my calf meets my thigh, every time I do any physical activities. It hurts the most when I run, especially near the sides of my knees. I was wondering if I should go in to the doctor or try some new stretches to try and combat the aches. Thank you in advance!
It could be anything from muscles, tendons and ligaments!
Common causes could be posterior cruciate ligament sprain or rupture, strains of your popliteus muscle, rupture or inflammation of the hamstring tendons, could even be DVT, avulsion or rupture of the biceps femoris muscle and a Baker's cyst -- a painful swelling of the bursa or fluid-filled sack situated behind the knee.
I suggest seeing an orthopedic MD.