Aa
A
A
A
Close
Exercise & Fitness Community
6.19k Members

Pain in the back of my knee after exercise

Recently, I have been trying to transition from a sedentary lifestyle and create some healthy habits. I have been running for a mile or two every couple days. For the past few weeks I have been having pains in the back of my knee, where my calf meets my thigh, every time I do any physical activities. It hurts the most when I run, especially near the sides of my knees. I was wondering if I should go in to the doctor or try some new stretches to try and combat the aches. Thank you in advance!
1 Responses
It could be anything from muscles, tendons and ligaments!
Common causes could be posterior cruciate ligament sprain or rupture, strains of your popliteus muscle, rupture or inflammation of the hamstring tendons, could even be DVT, avulsion or rupture of the biceps femoris muscle and a Baker's cyst -- a painful swelling of the bursa or fluid-filled sack situated behind the knee.
I suggest seeing an orthopedic MD.
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.