Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1279364 tn?1280682588

Shake Weight

I have to ask! Is the Shake Weight a viable piece of workout equipment for your upper body? I know it is for your stomach since you will be laughing so hard. =D But other than the laughs, which are good for your health, is it worth $20 & 6 minutes a day?

PS - I don't think I could ever use this in front of the kids. Know what I mean?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello!

This piece of equipment claims to work on principle of “dynamic inertia”. The Shake Weight alleges to give users, lean, sculpted arms and shoulders.

I do not believe much in their claims.  I believe the old school method of balancing your diet and going for proper cardio to be in shape.

Take care!
Helpful - 0
1279364 tn?1280682588
Thank you for your opinion Dr. Vinod!. I am sceptical myself, which I thought I would see what other people thought. I think I will take your advice & stick to old fashioned cardio & toning exercises. Maybe I will use the $20 for a couple of workout videos.
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello!

Good, as you can very well understand that proper fitness and staying in shape is a long term goal for a healthy life and for an event free old age.

Take care!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.