Exercise & Fitness Community

Short or long walks? Tendonitus Question too

So I was 20'7 stone 3 weeks ago. I am now 20stone and have my next weight in on Tuesday (Weight watchers).
I can do 3.3miles in 1hour 10 min. I can do a 5mile in about 2 hours.
I have tendonitus which means when I start out I am stiff and the hike up the mountain can really stretch them out and make them sore. In the first 5min of the walk I may have to stop a few times just to let them relax a lil and then go off again. I would only stop for 5-10 seconds. I find if I walk fast that they can become much more strained and sore.

My question is should I be doing a 3.3mile walk and trying to basically beat my time each walk. Or should I walk for longer at a steady pace (about 3-4mph roughly).

Is there anything I can do to help with my tendons hurting so much.
Hi there!

With tendonitis, I would suggest a longer walk with decreased pace to remain comfortable and keep lower stress at the muscle/ tendon.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!