A
A
A
Close
Exercise & Fitness Community
5.93k Members

Stress Fracture?

Hi Folks,

For the past few weeks the top of my right foot has been hurting.  Not real bad but more of a bruised feeling.  I find that if I put the brunt of my weight on my heel when I walk that tempers the discomfort.  Everything I have read points to a stress fracture.  The thing is though, the “injury” did not occur due to an exercise related event.  In fact, I do not workout at all, though I do walk a lot at work and bend the foot in question a lot when kneeling down.  I have been placing an icepack on the foot daily for about 30 minutes three times per day.  I can still walk on it, even briskly if needed but the discomfort is beginning to irritate me as it does not appear to be getting any better.  I do not want to wear a boot or be on crutches—so I am hoping this goes away on its own.  Nor do I want to end up having surgery due to being unnecessarily stubborn.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I am a 41-year old male.

Regards,
1 Responses
I suggest seeing an Orthopedist you just might only need P.T.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.