Exercise & Fitness Community

Stress Fracture?

Hi Folks,

For the past few weeks the top of my right foot has been hurting.  Not real bad but more of a bruised feeling.  I find that if I put the brunt of my weight on my heel when I walk that tempers the discomfort.  Everything I have read points to a stress fracture.  The thing is though, the “injury” did not occur due to an exercise related event.  In fact, I do not workout at all, though I do walk a lot at work and bend the foot in question a lot when kneeling down.  I have been placing an icepack on the foot daily for about 30 minutes three times per day.  I can still walk on it, even briskly if needed but the discomfort is beginning to irritate me as it does not appear to be getting any better.  I do not want to wear a boot or be on crutches—so I am hoping this goes away on its own.  Nor do I want to end up having surgery due to being unnecessarily stubborn.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I am a 41-year old male.

Regards,
I suggest seeing an Orthopedist you just might only need P.T.