Exercise & Fitness Community

Umbilical Hernia

I think I may have a small umbilical hernia mid-line just above my navel. Most of the time it feels normal but every couple of days I have some discomfort and a cramping feeling. Just last night I noticed a lump about the size of a dime above my navel that is tender that can be reduced by pushing on it. This is when I had the ah-ha moment and suspected a hernia. This morning it feels fine and there is no lump. I have an appointment with my PCP tomorrow. I am a cyclist and ride about 200 mi per week. My question is could this be related to cycling? Should ease off the riding? I just noticed this last night so it is all new to me. I'm planning a 60 mi ride today. I'm assuming it's been there for a while and I haven't noticed any discomfort while riding. I will ask my doc all about this of course but wanted to get the perspective of those who are athletic.
My opinion is not to ride until you see your doctor! The physical activity could worsen the problem!!