Exercise & Fitness Community

Varying muscle size on each side

Background info:
I am not very muscular to begin with and i started I trained a few months back... stopped a bit and started again recently. Left Arm is stronger than right mainly due to hockey. and right handed male....

Recently, my chests started develping and putting on muscle. I do push ups to develop them and conciously go down evenly on both sides. Yet, my right chest is much bigger than my left. Any idea why? and how to solve?
Hi there!

Aside asymmetrical muscular hypertrophy, possibilities that may need to be considered include hormonal/ endocrinal imbalances, growths/ masses etc. Hormonal imbalances could occur as a side effect of external medication/ drug intake as well. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!