Exercise & Fitness Community

Weight loss

I am a 20 year girl wid a height of 5.2 feet nd weight 60 kg . i have been working out in gym for last 4 months nd also following diet plans still i havent lost a single kg of weight , though i hav lost inches dat too very few . i dnt know whats wrong dat i m unable to loose weight . plz help me out i dnt knw whom to consult about dis problem. very tensed make it soon.
Hi there!
The mantra to a healthy body weight is a healthy lifestyle. If you are aiming at losing weight, it is important to calculate your current BMI and the target BMI. The target BMI should be in a healthy range. Exercising with adequate intake of calories is a healthy way of losing weight. Aside indulging in moderate amounts of physical exercise it is also essential to maintain a healthy diet plan. A healthy diet should consist of adequate amounts of carbohydrates, proteins, fat and plenty of fruits and vegetables to supply vitamins and minerals. Start with a healthy breakfast, moderate lunch and light dinner. I would also suggest a change in your exercise regimen. You may rotate between a gym, swimming, yoga, aerobics, jogging, cycling etc. Also keep a track of calorie intake and your work out. If still your weight does not seem to budge, I would suggest consulting a physician to rule out hormonal or endocrine abnormalities which may result in increased weight. If any abnormality is found, it would be treated appropriately.
Hope this helps.

Take care!