Exercise & Fitness Community

Will this workout work?

It seems like for the last year, I've really wanted to burn allot of fat (21%) body fat. I've lost weight but I'm at the point where I want to burn the love handles and start to get abs and get my muscles more toned. However to achieve this I've made multiple different workouts I've made but find it impossible to stick to. And I think that's because I made it too complex. If I just keep if simple e.g. Do a run early on in the day and do a short circuit at night (press ups, sit ups, pull ups) will this get me more ripped and fit? Obviously I'll be trying my hardest to eat healthy aswell
There is no way to lose weight in one area of your body. This is called spot reduction. The fastest and easiest way to lose your love handles is by losing weight throughout your whole body. This involves exercise and dietary changes.
Decrease eating fattening foods. Replace onion rings, cupcakes, processed meats, white flour products, candy bars and potato chips with healthier foods that are loaded with nutrients. Get to a point where you are eating nothing but fruits, greens, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, low-fat dairy products, beans and fish. By making these changes, you will save yourself empty calories and promote weight loss.
Keep track of all that you drink that contain calories and replace each one every week with water until you are drinking nothing but water. This will reduce your caloric intake, flush your body of impurities and it will also keep your hydrated. Drink water with your meals to keep your stomach feeling full as well.
Eat breakfast every day. Don't skip breakfast, you may want to be tempted to get a quick fix, such as candy. Prevent this from happening by eating something quick and easy as soon as you get out of bed. A bowl of oat bran cereal with low-fat milk and a cup of yogurt with fruit and seeds mixed in are good. Perform cardiovascular exercise to burn the fat on your sides. The easiest type of cardio is the kind you will do three to four days a week for 45 to 60 minutes. Fast paced walking, jogging, elliptical training, spinning and swimming are examples. Start with a light 5-minute warm-up and finish with a light 5-minute cool-down.
Weight training exercises to build muscle. By lifting weights and gaining muscle, you will burn more calories every day. Do exercises that target all of your major muscle groups like chest presses, shoulder presses, back rows, triceps extensions, biceps curls and leg presses. Aim for 10 to 12 reps, do four to five sets and work out two to three times a week.
Work your obliques with exercises like Russian twists, side crunches, bicycle crunches and side bridges. Your obliques are on your sides and they are hidden under love handles. Balance out your ab workout by doing lower and upper ab exercises as well, such as leg raises, knee pull-ins, crunches and stability ball sit-ups. Do 15 to 20 reps, three to four sets and work out two to three times a week.
                                   As for the six pack
It takes great discipline and a bevy of sacrifices to bring this to fruition. With that being said, it takes even more of a sacrifice to bring a six pack to reality. But that doesn't mean it is impossible; it just takes a lot of discipline, and you have to be willing to take it to the extreme.
The diet is a major factor when it comes to developing a six pack. Avoid deep fried foods, processed foods, refined foods and foods high in saturated fats. Instead, eat foods that are nutrient-dense, high in fiber and low in fat, like lean meats, low fat dairy, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts and legumes.
Get rid of the liquid calories. If you want to get a six pack, eliminate useless calories in the form of alcohol and heavily sugared beverages like soda, sweetened teas and coffee drinks. Instead, drink water, as it hydrates the body and has zero calories.
Work your ab muscles. Instead of just working the upper abs, do exercises that focus on the whole core in order to promote symmetry. Some exercises include leg raises, jacknifes, Swiss ball side crunches, side bends, Swiss ball crunches and hanging leg raises. Using the Swiss ball will recruit more ab muscles. Do each one of the exercises consecutively for 15 to 20 reps with no rest in between. Then take a 60-second break and do them all again. Repeat the whole circuit four to six times.
Again you need to do cardio. training. If you intend on seeing your six pack you'll have to incorporate cardiovascular training to burn the layer of fat that covers your ab muscles. Perform cardiovascular training three times a week on alternating days. Some examples are running, biking, stair stepping, swimming and rowing. Do 45 to 60 minutes of cardio in an interval format.

I like the Peak 8 routine it will quickly raise your heart rate 8 times for very short bursts, with a cooling down period in between. Ideally you’ll be sprinting or cycling full throttle for 30 seconds with a 90 second cool down in between each outburst.

This is the fastest way to lose fat and build muscle in the body. Peak 8 actually stimulates the growth hormone in the body. I encourage you to visit Dr Mercola’s site to learn more about Peak 8 fitness because I personally feel that it is one of the best ways to exercise, especially considering the speed at which you can lose fat and build muscle.

I highly recommend you read this article and watch the videos on the page. It will give you all the information you need to know about Peak 8 – Flood Your Body With This “Youth Hormone” In Just 20 Minutes

What you eat after Peak 8 training does matter

It’s recommended that you do not eat sugar or carbohydrate for 2 hours after the Peak 8 exercise because these foods can impact the release of the growth hormone in the body. The links are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy7j9FRiJpg&list=PL9FxWnfq1Oyo9pHHUPHeQne4iqoZ4zTN_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5hRYXmxSE&list=PL9FxWnfq1Oyo9pHHUPHeQne4iqoZ4zTN_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLKML9EL4As&list=PL9FxWnfq1Oyo9pHHUPHeQne4iqoZ4zTN_

Figure your heart rate by this formula
The Karvonen Formula is a mathematical formula that helps you determine your target heart rate zone. The formula involves using your maximum heart rate (MHR) minus your age to come up with a target heart rate range (which is a percentage of your MHR). Staying within this range will help you work most effectively during your cardio workouts.

an example of the Karvonen formula for a 23 year old person with a resting heart rate of 65 beats per minute (*to get your resting heart rate, take your pulse for one full minute when you first wake up in the morning or after you've resting for a while). This formula also includes an updated calculation of maximum heart rate (the previous formula was 220 - age, which has now been shown to be inaccurate):

206.9 - (0.67 x 23 (age)) = 191                
191 - 65 (resting heart rate) = 126            
126 * 65% (low end of heart rate zone) OR 85% (high end) = 82 OR 107    
82 + 65 (resting heart rate) = 147  
107 + 65 (rhr) = 172
The target heart rate zone for this person would be 147 to 172

First thing in the morning before you get out of bed have a clock with a second hand and check your resting heart rate then figure your rate by the
Karvonen Formula above.

You burn 30 percent more fat from doing cardio after a weights session as opposed to cardio on its own.

Do your cardio on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Do the ab exercises on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. On Sunday, go for a light jog or bike ride for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Get enough sleep. This is a pretty intense workout, you'll need to get a good nights sleep for proper recovery. It is during sleep that the body releases hormones and goes into repair mode.
To increase the intensity of your ab exercises, wear ankle weights and hold resistance in your hands such as medicine balls, dumbbells or weight plates.
When you do your ab workout, start out with a 10-minute warm-up consisting of jogging, cycling or jumping rope, and finish with a 10-minute cool down the same way.
Before doing anything get the OK from your doctor!!