hernia

Im told that i was born with a hernia, i have two small bumps dirrectly above my belly button that usually never bother me. Ive been running, doing sit ups, etc. a lot more than usual lately and the bumps are beginning to stick out more at times. They only really bother me when i work out, but that will eventually become a problem seeing that i need to for school sports. What should i do? Is there any treatment?

You most probably have umbilical hernia so you have this naval discomfort. In infants, the defect is not usually treated with surgery. Most of the time, the umbilical hernia shrinks and closes on its own by the time the child become 3 or 4 years old. So you would need a surgery if you are diagnosed by umbilical hernia and not cured by 4 years.
Visit a physician for examination and go ahead for the best course of treatment.

Take care!