Exercise & Fitness Community

weight loss after menopause

I am  43 years old and 1 1/2 years  post breast cancer treatment.  As part of my treatment in addition to a bilateral mastectomy and chemo, I had also chosen to have an oopherectomy.  As a result I am in a surgical menopause and have gained thirty pounds since this began.  I do get a lot of bone and joint pain from the meds I am taking (arimidex) but I need to lose this weight and try to get back as close to my "pre-cancer" body as I can.  I am very upset about all these changes.  I know that my priority is survival but it still does not change the fact that I am upset about this new look of added weight.

What can you suggest for someone who is in menopause to help with the weight loss?  I do walk approx 1-2 miles almost every day but the weight does not want to come off.  I have never had such difficulty with weight loss and would appreciate any advice that you can give.    Thank you.
I AM 51 YRS OLD, AND I HAVE GAINED A LOT OF WEIGHT IN 1 1/2 YRS. I USE TO WEIGH 120. NOW THAT I HAVE QUIT SMOKING , I GAINED I NOW WEIGH 173 PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING ,ALL DIETS  JUST WATER  NO EATING BUT ONCE A DAY  NOT EATING AT ALL NOTHING WORKS SO IF ANYONE CAN REALLY  GIVE ME SOME GOOD ADVICEON HOW TO LOSE THIS WEIGH
HI YES I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE  ON HOW TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT. I AM 51 AND IN ONE YR. I HAVE GAINED 50 LBS. I STOPPED SMOKING 5YRS AGO ,COULD THIS HAVE ANY EFFECT ? HELP PLEASE NOTHING IS WORKING
I am 28 years old and had a total hystorectomy with ovary removal 2 years ago and have gained 30 pounds since my surgery.  I hate my body and need to lose weight but find for the first time in my life losing weight is impossible.  Please help!!!
Hi All,

If you want to loss weight try to follow the Health Pyramid.

http://www.medical-health-care-information.com/pyramid.asp

Want to loss weight allways try FDA approved Medicine for weight loss.
http://www.epsdrugstore.com/weight-loss-xenical.htm
I have also been through surgical menopause a year ago b/c of ovarian cancer. I hate my body. I am 38 and everyday I am so disgusted with the way I look. I have gained 20 pounds and my body is gross. I don't know how to pull myself from this depression.
I wondered what you are doing about hormones?  I had surgery at age 31  but although am not skinny (have butt and thighs, 135 - 140 pounds at 5'4, somewhat pear shaped) have not really changed weight much since then (almost 14 years ago).. I'm on a low dose of bi-est pills but have some health concerns with anxiety, fibromyalgia, etc.  I'm not consistent with exercise because I often don't feel well, or can't breathe when I could have fit it in!  I probably have lost muscle and bone mass but have not gained fat.  Maybe cause I try to eat healthy choices, but I still eat and have chocolate and everything!  But it may not be the surgery that causes the weight gain, it may be depression related or emotional eating or hormone balance?