Can't lose Weight

I'm 55 years old and I have always been slim but I weight 215lbs and I'm 5'6.  I have always been used to eating one meal a day if that.  I eat no bread or sugar... just don't like it.  I have been walking a mile a day and trying to eat breakfast.  I'm losing no weight, I feel tired all the time and I can't sleep.  My blood pressure is good and I'm very healthy.  If anyone has an suggestion...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yeah second that- first things first- you HAVE to eat every meal. Skipping it makes your body think it's starving and no weight will budge until you can convince it otherwise. This is also the probable cause to your fatigue and difficultly sleeping- get a schedule and keep it. Without adequate sleep or foods you can't even begin to loose weight- this coming from a person who battled insomnia and did used to eat only once or twice a day.  
Helpful - 0
Hi Emily,  First of all you have to start eating 3 meals a day...if you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and produces more fat cells.  So that could be part of your problem.  I think the Weight Watchers diet is the best and if you don't want to join I'm sure you can find it online.  Good luck with your journey and if you need some inspiration please contact me.  Im trying to lose alot of weight.  Lauren
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community