Exercising, eating right, and NOT losing weight

So I take kickboxing 3-4 times a week, and a resistance (muscle building) class two days a week.  I eat better than I ever have, mostly fruits and vegetables, almost no carbs, very few processed foods.  I am not burning fat.  I am building muscle, (my clothes are actually tighter), but I am not burning the fat.  I don't really care what the scale says, but I would like to know why the fat is not going away.  Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hiya, i am having similar problems.   I am however on steroids......it seems that all i do is stop the weight gain.  Are you on any medication??  
i have looked into it a lot on the web and in various forums and noone can tell me why if i am eating 1200-1500 calories a day and doing 1-3hrs exercise 6 days a week i aint loosing....all the specialist and GP say are 'at least you aren't putting on any weight'.
not much help when you have spent 6 months of your life trying your damndest!
Let me know if you are on drugs and we can share whats happening.....snap on the reduced carbs......i was very strict on that for 4 months but have eased off as i ain't getting anywhere.
J
Helpful - 0
Hi there!

The trouble here is probably lack of a healthy balanced diet. Though you may take adequate quantities of fruits and vegetables, the body would also need adequate amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and fats as well. It is important to know that a diet plan is not about cutting down calories; it’s about ‘healthy’ eating. With cutting on diet one may initially lose weight but this may remain static or increase later due to fat accumulation. When one cuts down on calories, the body sends a signal to the brain which in turn turns on the ‘stress hormones’ and the body switches into the ‘starvation mode’ and paradoxically one may notice no change in weight or an increased weight and fat accumulation. One would need adequate amount of calories to support the basic metabolic functions and if you work out vigorously, your required calorie intake rises. It is advised to start with a healthy breakfast, moderate lunch and light dinner. I would also suggest a change in your exercise regimen. You may rotate between a gym, swimming, yoga, aerobics, jogging, cycling etc. Also keep a track of calorie intake and your work out. With gradual consistent efforts, you should be able to lose fat as desired in a healthy way.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community