feeling frustrated

I have been working out on my new treadmill for 7 days straight and no sodas for the 7 days as well im 5'3 180 pounds and i have not lost any weight, ive been doing 4 miles a day set on 2.5 speed, why am i not getting any results? I've even limited myself to 1200 calories a day! I do not understand! Could out be because I'm also menstruating at this time? I just feel frustrated and defeated b4 i even get started =( please help.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
P.S. Get the OK from your Dr. before doing anything!!
Helpful - 0
You said no soda but what do you eat?
You can do the following on the treadmill
The Peak 8 routine it will quickly raise your heart rate 8 times for very short bursts, with a cooling down period in between. Ideally you’ll be sprinting or cycling full throttle for 30 seconds with a 90 second cool down in between each outburst. 

This is the fastest way to lose fat and build muscle in the body. Peak 8 actually stimulates the growth hormone in the body. I encourage you to visit Dr Mercola’s site to learn more about Peak 8 fitness because I personally feel that it is one of the best ways to exercise, especially considering the speed at which you can lose fat and build muscle. 

I highly recommend you read this article and watch the videos on the page. It will give you all the information you need to know about Peak 8 – Flood Your Body With This “Youth Hormone” In Just 20 Minutes 

What you eat after Peak 8 training does matter 

It’s recommended that you do not eat sugar or carbohydrate for 2 hours after the Peak 8 exercise because these foods can impact the release of the growth hormone in the body. The links are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy7j9FRiJpg&list=PL9FxWnfq1Oyo9pHHUPHeQne4iqoZ4zTN_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5hRYXmxSE&list=PL9FxWnfq1Oyo9pHHUPHeQne4iqoZ4zTN_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLKML9EL4As&list=PL9FxWnfq1Oyo9pHHUPHeQne4iqoZ4zTN_

Figure your heart rate by this formula 
The Karvonen Formula is a mathematical formula that helps you determine your target heart rate zone. The formula involves using your maximum heart rate (MHR) minus your age to come up with a target heart rate range (which is a percentage of your MHR). Staying within this range will help you work most effectively during your cardio workouts. 

an example of the Karvonen formula for a 23 year old person with a resting heart rate of 65 beats per minute (*to get your resting heart rate, take your pulse for one full minute when you first wake up in the morning or after you've resting for a while). This formula also includes an updated calculation of maximum heart rate (the previous formula was 220 - age, which has now been shown to be inaccurate): 

206.9 - (0.67 x 23 (age)) = 191 
191 - 65 (resting heart rate) = 126 
126 * 65% (low end of heart rate zone) OR 85% (high end) = 82 OR 107 
82 + 65 (resting heart rate) = 147 
107 + 65 (rhr) = 172 
The target heart rate zone for this person would be 147 to 172 

First thing in the morning before you get out of bed have a clock with a second hand and check your resting heart rate then figure your rate by the 
Karvonen Formula above.

You burn 30 percent more fat from doing cardio after a weights session as opposed to cardio on its own.

http://www.mercola.com/nutritionplan/index.htm
Helpful - 0
kymberli1985 at g mail
Helpful - 0
any ideas to help me out is greatly appreciated shoot me an email ***@****
Helpful - 0
meant I refuse to give up
Helpful - 0
Would love the help I'm just feeling frustrated this is my second week 7 days each week doing 4 miles everyday on the treadmill 1200 calorie intake and I've only lost 4 pounds. just feel defeated they refused to give up I just need help!
Helpful - 0
Focus on how you feel, not the number on the scale! Don't give up! It's natural for our bodies to adjust to the change and I would check with Dr to make sure you are getting enough calories. Also counting calories can trip us up. I keep a food journal to hold me accountable to WHAT and how much I'm eating, not so much for how many calories. It's possible your body has gone into starvation mode because your are expending more energy and less calories. You can do this!
Helpful - 0
I agree with rps3lady,  don't give up. I had the same problem. I was 75kg & now 71kg. For some time I stopped losing weight, but thanks to the measurements my frustration didn't last long, my waist went from 37-33.5 inches. Measure once a week on the day of your weigh in preferably at the same time and same circumstances
Helpful - 0
it's possible that you are losing inches instead of pounds. if your work out plan is cardiac you can lose weight but gain muscle as well. plus the water weight from your cycle. only weigh yourself once a week to avoid frustration from daily weigh ins. keep it up you will see the difference in your energy clothes size and eventually your pounds. good luck.
Helpful - 0
Be Calm...I Can Help You with The Diet..But you Should be K With It...I Myself Had Been Struggling with loosing weight but I have lost a lot of weight...so leme know...dont loose hopes..tc
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community