pregnancy & weight lose

I have been losing weight steadily over the past few months by changing my diet and going to the gym several time a week. I have just found out im pregnant and I would like to stick to my routine. Is it harmful to the baby for me to continue losing weight? I am currently 190lbs (bmi of 32)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was about 15-20 lbs over weight when I became pregnant. The first 2 trimesters I lost weight and was concerned but my dr said it was totally fine. He said if the baby was not growing like she should he would be concerned as well but everything was normal. He also told me that dieting is ok while pregnant.....although you don't want to starve yourself or use any type of weight loss products. If you just eat right your body and baby will use what it needs. Also exercising is so good for you and your baby. I would talk to your Dr on what exercises would be best for you though....because all women and pregnancies are different. Good luck and good job wanting to stick with your goal, thats awesome!!!
Helpful - 0
It's best to talk to your Obstetrician
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community