Exotic Pets Community
124 Members

Can my guinea pig take baytril?

I have reason to believe my guinea pig has an early infection of a uti, his urine is a faint coral and he hasn't been drinking his water. He's still eating and popcorning like usual and active as well. I recently went to the vet about a month ago for my other pig for a uri infection. She prescribed baytril and said if it is commonly used for bacterial infections. I was wondering if I could give him the baytril, however he is still young he's about 4 months old. Do i need to used bactrum or cam I use Baytril? The vet said it was fine to give the younger pig some if he developed a uri but I read that baytril is only used for adult pigs, is he considered an adult yet? Can I use baytril for him?
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.