Eye discharge when blowing nose

For many months I have had a clear discharge from my right eye when blowing my nose. It only happens when I blow my nose and only affects my right eye. I have seen an ENT in the past and I do have a deviated septum on the right side.  Is this what is causing my eye problem?  My eye also feels kind of itchy most of the time, but it is not bloodshot.  I have mentioned it to the ENT but nothing came of it.  Do you have any ideas?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
no big deal.  there is a thread about this here:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/EyeCare/messages/1365.html

that patient complained of blowing "air" out of their eye...you are blowing liquid.  but its the same "problem".  totally benign.

ITCHY is the classic OCULAR ALLERGY symptom.  you probably have ocular allergy.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.