Sinus's causing blurred vision

I have seasonal sinus problems (Oct - Feb). I don't have the typical runny nose or congestion --- but can tell that I'm having problems because my ears and eyesight are affected. I've heard of others whose eyes become blurry due to sinus congestion. Is this common? What is the name of the sinus cavity that affects the eyesight when congested. Taking a decongestant usually clears up the blurryness.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have the same problem. Blurr vision, pressure on top of head, mainly left side, did CAT and all,results came back negative. Here is a remedy that aleviate the pain. Add a few drops of Eucalyptus Oil to some boiling water, cover your head over the steam and inhale.
Helpful - 1
I have blurred vision ,and have been diagnosed with rhinosinusitis
it comes and goes, may require surgery , I hope it doesn't hurt too much.
Helpful - 0
interesting.  the ethmoid sinus is the one right below the eyes.  i would say that it is NOT common for sinus conjestion to cause "blurriness".  are you sure its the sinuses causing it?
Helpful - 0
i have the same problem - blurriness in my right eye and a feeling of pressure all around eye and nose. i have been to the best eye specialists and no one can find out what is wrong. i have a theory though! i first started getting this problem when i contracted the herpes virus. i have no sign of ocular herpes but i am convince the virus is causing this. does anyone else with this problem also have the herpes virus?
Helpful - 0
Ah! I have had the same problems for a couple of years now. I wake up in the morning and suddenly have one (rarely two) extremely swollen eye. It feels like pressure behind my eye and by the end of the day, the swelling typically goes down. I also have days where my vision is blurred but feels like from behind my eyes, not the yes themselves.I've been to many doctors. I definitely do not have vision problems - that has been confirmed. I had a catscan and a recent ENT doctor said I would need surgery on my sinuses. I was nervous about trusting him as he seemed surgery happy. He could not guarantee the surgery would solve the problem. Any thoughts? I have no stds - so nothing to do with that (sorry last post).
Helpful - 0
I have the same problem with blurred vision and sinus. I have been to eye doctors and nuerologist. They changed my perscription, but I still have the problem. All of my MRI's, CAT scans, etc. all turned out fine. But when I have sinus pressure and pain, I also have blurred vision. I have had this for almost a year. They keep putting me on nose sprays, and allergy medicines, but they are not helping the pressure or the blurred vision. The ENT says I have rhinosinusitis. He said the next step would be surgery. Can anyone out there help me? I am miserable and I am tired of people driving me around. I can see near, but far is blurry.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, LASIK or sinus trouble was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, sinus was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, Sinuses blurred vision was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, Sinuses & blurred vision was started.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.