pink eye with possible puss pocket

I took my 2 year old to the pediatrician today for pink eye he also had something the doctor was concerned about part of one of his eyes is blood shot with a possible puss pocket. Does this occur sometimes with pink eye? The doc. gave him drops for the pink eye and antibiotics for his ear infection.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
pediatricians in general know very little about eyes and eye problems.  IMO they way over diagnose bacterial 'pink eye'.  anything that causes a child to have a red eye they usually deem as 'pink eye' and throw antibiotics at it.

from that description i dont know what is wrong with your 2 year old.  i'd have to see it.  but almost any eye doctor could QUICKLY tell you.  your 2 year old needs to see an optometrist or ophthalmologist.