Eye Care Community

100mW Laser Pointer Eye Exposure

As said in the title, I accidentally hit my self with a 100mW green laser pointer for a fraction of a second. After that, I have a grey spot in my vision in the left eye which is still there after one week. Right after I was hit by the laser (it was point blank by the way) I went to the hospital and they sent me to ophthalmology . They tested the visual acuity of both my eyes. My left eye which was hit is 20/20 and my right eye is 20/25. When they looked at my retina, they saw a very small dot which they said looked like a solar burn. I'm very lucky the grey spot is not in my central vision and it is very small but still noticeable. They said at the moment they can't give me a prognosis which makes me feel very uncomfortable. My question is, will the spot in my vision gradually disappear?
In most cases it does, especially with such short exposure time.

JCH MD
What I am worried about is the spot hasnt changed in my vision for a week. I'm going to the opthalmologist again in 3 weeks. I don't mean to be pessimistic but I feel like it will never go away and my retina will have a burn spot for life.
Only time will tell, just like after burns to the body its hard to tell how much scarring will be permanent.
JCH MD
So is it possible for damage on the retina to heal?
I said in my first answer most of these spots eventually go away over a period of weeks to many months. Some are permanent. I have no other comments and nothing further to add. No one can tell at this point.
JCH MD
maybe he needs some high doase of streoids to avoid permanent scars.
I read somewhere that oral steroids or injections of steroids helps healing of industerial laser injuries but it should be done as soon as posible.